Is it to early?

My son is going to be six weeks old when i start school, my husband is going to stay home with him. However, I am worried that i am leaving him to soon. It makes me very sad to think about leaving him. Am i just emotional or is it to soon?

Asked by malleymom106 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everyone is different....good luck!!

Answer by ElenaC419 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would personally have a hard time going back that early myself

Answer by kayceeisit at 12:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You have no choice. But it will be hard. Just give him extra love when you are with him. He will be fine. Good luck!

Answer by mompam at 12:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No,it is not too early,but it will be hard! Just remember he is in good hands and u can always call home to make sure everything is good. I always did that.

Answer by dancer at 12:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No mother wants to leave theyre child at that age, but your doing it for a wonderful reason and should not feel bad about trying to provide a better life for your child by furthering your education!

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I do not think its to early, everyone has to do what they gotta do, he is in good hands with dad, it is just hard as a mom to leave your kids with anyone, I know it was for me!

Answer by jenn2bowman at 12:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Most jobs require you only 6-10 weeks leave after baby anyhow...a lot of woman do it. Its OK.

Answer by isaboo22 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Worse for you than for him.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You gotta do what you gotta do. Some women go back to work that early because they can't afford to have anymore time off. I mean school is school. It will help your future, plus you can do home work when he's sleeping and maybe take some online courses, so you aren't gone as much? I take hybrid classes. I only have to go in like once a week for acouple hours. It helps out a lot, no matter how old your child is!

Answer by loudnproud87 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's early, and it will be rough (on you), but you must feel better knowing that your husband will be with him all day. Good luck!

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011