I am on the BC Seasonique and I didn't get my period

I have been taking Seasonique for the last 6 months. I liked the fact that I wouldn't get my period except every 3 months. At the beginning of my second pack I took a pill at dinner time rather than breakfast and the next week I started spotting and this lasted about 2 weeks. My doctor said the take a pregnancy test and call back only if it was positive. Well, it was negative. So 2 months go by and I am suspose to get my period and it doesn't come. I take 2 pregnancy tests and they are both negative. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else> I haven't called the doctor yet. I don't think I am pregnant but then why didn't I get my period? Any ideas?

bbchic

Asked by bbchic at 11:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was on Lo estrin, I would only get my period 2-4 times a year, than it would sometimes be for a day maybe 2 sometimes just the spotting!
    jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 12:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well, if you have already started the next 3 month pack, your body will not start a period. If you don't get your period during or just after the last week of pills on this pack, you need to go back in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I have been down a similar road before. If your body is stressed out it can keep you from having your period, it can make you bleed even more than ever. Of course you know that you can get pregnant on birth control. My oldest son was conceived while on Ortho tricyclen and using spermicidal condoms. Then you also know that there is a very tiny chance that pregnancy tests will read wrong. I know this isn't very reassuring but unfortunately our bodies have their own minds! PS.. supposedly if you go to an herbal store you can buy I believe catmint or catnip tea it will probably taste nasty but it should bring on your period ( of course consult the person in the store).
    victoriagosbee

Answer by victoriagosbee at 12:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011