Is she friggin serious?!!

I talked to my mom the other day and I told her what a cuddly baby I have. My son is a little over two weeks old and he LOVES being held and kissed and loved on. If he's fussy all I have to do is kiss him or rub his head and he's fine. He also enjoys being rocked to sleep by me. I thought that was normal for newborns, but MOM said that it's going to give him issues and I should break him of ALL these "bad habits" right now. Are these really bad habits and if so, should I break them NOW? I figured that he's been used to cuddling up inside me for 9 months, now the next best thing is to cuddle up beside me or in my arms....

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow what a mom... my mom was the same way. when my ds was born i held him for 3 months straight and now just like i wanted i have a mammas boy!!!! he dosent even like to cuddle now but thats not the point. i am saying you can never hold and love on your baby enough!!!!!! even when they start pushing you away. just enjoy having some one who relies completely on you. it dosent last long. and maby also listen to your mom this may be signs that she wouldn't be a good sitter. i know my mom and i only trust her with my son for about 4 hours befor i have to come badk around. she is not my first chioce when asking someone to sit for me
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 4:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• how is loving on your son a bad habit? i think its good it lets your baby know he is lvoed.. continue loving him :)

idk why your mom said that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It's not bad you have an affectionate baby. That is a good trait. Just make sure your child is humble,courteous and not spoiled as he grows.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Only bad habit you need to break is believing everything your mother tells you. In thios case, she's wrong.

Issues. Pththththt.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Provided he cannot be content without you all the time, there is no problem, IMO. Bonding with your children like that when they are young creates a better relationship and higher self esteem. However, if he cries everytime you set him down, there may be a problem there you want to break.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• apparently your mom is the one with issues. Screw her and do what you feel is right
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 4:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Lol no he doesn't cry when I put him down and he's content with anyone who loves on him.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• giving a child love is a bad habit? this is the first I have heard of it!!! Love him as much as you can and hold him often cause one day you won't be able too. My son is 16 months and no longer wants to be held or rocked to sleep and I really miss those days. Time passes too quickly not to show your little ones the affection they derserve, the only thing I see it teaching your son is that his mommy loves him dearly.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• YOur mum sounds 'old school'. I would just do what feels right for you HOWEVER she may just be concerned that your creating a rod for your back though because if you set this precedent you will have to keep doing it and when they start putting on the pounds and you start to get really tired it can begin to feel like a slow death for a mum.
    Not many second and third time around mums cuddle & rock their new borns to sleep because they know what it leads too, but as I said, just do what's right for you.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 6:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2008