Special Olympics

How old do they have to be ? How do I go about registering him ? Are there fees etc ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don't know the answer. I think it is wonderful. Good luck!!!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My son does Special Olympics through the school system. They started when he was in 1st grade, I think? When they are really young they do "play" activities like throwing the ball into the hoop, or running around the cones, etc. The "real" events don't start until like 3rd-4th grade? My son is in 7th grade and participates in 3 events in track and field in April. He also participated in special olympics bowling one year - 2nd or 3rd grade.
    He has gone every year with his class from school, his teacher sets it up and they train for it most of the year. I'm fairly sure you could google special olympics for your area but the track and field events are coming up soon (ours is 4/27) - not sure when the deadline is! If you can't find it online, call your Parks and Recreation Department.

Answer by missanc at 12:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• THANK YOU !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well about 35 and over you could go to gym by marivel718@yahoo.com
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Good luck!
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011