So I always said there is no way I would ever want to be a SAHM.

But since I lost my job a week and a half ago it's what I have been. It has actually been amazing. My house is actually clean! I mean like, I found the carpet in my kids rooms and I saw the bottom of my kitchen sink for longer then 4 hours the first time in ages. I am less stressed out and don't yell at my kids as much. I have been enjoying making DH his lunch every morning. It's nuts! I never imagined myself NOT working at least part time. I figured with it being spring break and both kids being hoe I would be ready to run away by Tuesday! Anyway, have you ever sworn you would never do something, then did it and actually had to admit you liked it?lol.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have been a sahm for 16 yrs and it is bliss!
    Anonymous

• thumbs way up..good for you
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• LMAO! Good for you But Mommie....see it's not so bad is it??? lol Sure there will be times when you want to get out and have a day for yourself and yadda, yadda, yadda, but at the end of the day it's a good feeling huh? Hope you continue to enjoy your new position in life! Represent for the SAHM's lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had the opposite happen....about the middle of my pregnancy I was so fed up with work I kept wishing that my OB would just put me on light duty or bedrest so I wouldn't have to work.....then she did!! My heavens....I never will wish for anything like that again.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• im glad everything has worked out to your benefit! i didnt plan on being a sahm either when i had my first baby, the father left us so i had no choice to work but that was what i wanted to do anyway. when she was 14 months i got pregnant again and married to my now husband so when we moved in together we decided then that i would be a sahm. it was hard at first, and really straining on my sanity.. lol. plus i had to get over not having my OWN money. but now we have 3 kids, and ive been a sahm for almost 3 years. ive become so comfortable and happy with this lifestyle that ive decided to SAH til my youngest starts kindergarten! you only get 5 years with them all to yourself and then their off to school, so IMO unless its necessary to work you should enjoy those 5 years because they go fast!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'm right there with you. When I was younger, I remember telling my cousin's girlfriend at the time (wife now) that I would never wait on my boyfriend/husband hand and foot like I thought she did. And now 10 years later, I get up in the morning, iron my husbands clothes, make his lunch, and help with whatever else needs to be done so he can get to work on time. I make dinner in the evening every night. I enjoy doing these things; I was gong ho against it when I was a teenager. I also never wanted to be a SAHM either, and I'm doing exactly that now, and enjoy it for the most part.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I stopped working after the beginning of my first trimester, then didnt go back to work till my son was nearly a yr old. I got a taste of being a sahm and it drove me crazy. I am currently working part time and have found a happy medium with it.
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am so happy foryou, and I have been a SAHMor 8 years ince I wa 17,and as a military wife, it is just blissful! As you said, clean house, time with your kids, what can be better?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yay for you, Momma! I hope you get the chance to stay home as long as you like :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am hoping now I don't *Have* to go back to work but we will see what happens... IF gets this job, which he is convinced he has, I will not have to look right away.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011