Does anyone have homemade baby food recipes?

I make a fair amount of my own baby food, but it is all very simple - just plain cooked and mushed vegetables and fruit. Looking for some new ideas. Thanks!

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 12:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pediatrician said to just make sure when we start my daughter on solid foods next month that if we're giving her what we are eating to set some aside for her without any seasoning on it. This is to reduce that amount of sodium that your little one gets in their diet. I bought these little freezer pods off of amazon so I can freeze some of what we eat that has less seasoning on it so we can still enjoy spicy and flavorful meals. Good luck!
    08MrsAllen

Answer by 08MrsAllen at 1:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Baby food is really easy it all depends on what you want to make you just put whatever it is you want to give the baby in the food processor. fruits vegetables even chicken noodle soup ( I would recomend homemade) I always just took a little of whatever we were having for dinner and mashed it up for them.
    victoriagosbee

Answer by victoriagosbee at 12:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I always just mashed with the back of the fork whatever we were having for supper. Never really did purees, but I did do single veggies/fruits first before I mixed them.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Go to www.wholesomebabyfood.com my pedi rcccomended this website. There is recipes and food guides to tell you what age you can give them different foods.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks Victoria! My preradiation said the same thing ~ just mush up a little of whatever you are eating. I, too, use the food processor. Never tried doing chicken noodle soup ~ sound like dinner next week :o)
    DragonflyGirls

Comment by DragonflyGirls (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Missanc, Yes, Yes, I've used the fork method, too!! Works great for bananas :o)
    DragonflyGirls

Comment by DragonflyGirls (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011