I'm bored. Tell me a true story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• True story? that I am answering this question at 1034 MST
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Alright. I got married right before Christmas in '05. We weren't able to take our honeymoon at that point because DH had just started a new job. So we went to Gatlinburg, TN for the weekend. My maid of honor failed to put my overnight bag in the car, so when I got to the hotel, I had only the wedding gown on my back, and the little dress I'd worn to my rehearsal dinner (it happened to be in the car). It was 20-something degrees, and we were planning on walking around Gatlinburg, playing putt-putt, etc. Gatlinburg has TONS of air-brushed t-shirt shops, but sells almost no other type of clothing. The only clothes I were able to find were: A pair of bright orange Crocs at a Croc Outlet, a Tennessee Volunteers hoodie, and a pair of orange Vols pajama pants. So yeah, I walked around Gatlinburg with my new hubby in pajama pants, a hoodie, and crocs. I was hot stuff. :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My great grandfather came to this country as a stow-away on a ship. An 8-year-old, alone, with no money and no adult. His father left from Russia to America to make money and start a new life for the family. He left for America and did not return . . . . just left. SO, my great-grandfather snuck on a ship to America. He was able to locate his father, who had started a new family and wanted nothing to do with him. He was a kid, alone, in the US. SO, he started working to feed himself, and worked from that day forward. Many other of his family members were killed in the Holocaust . . . he was truly alone.
    One day, as he was walking by a shop, he looked in the window at a young lady and fell in love. She was a working child, as well. They married, and stayed together until she passed.
    Everyone has a story as to how their families came to be here . . . we give honor by remembering.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My cousin and her boyfriend were coming home late one night. On the highway, a horse ran across the road in front of them. He was unable to stop,and hit the horse, tragically. The driver's side mirror hit on the horse's neck,and cut the horse's head off. It came through the front windshield and landed in their laps! It happened so fast, the brain had not had time to die, so when it landed, the eyes, ears, nose and mouth were still moving! My cousin said it was the worst thing that ever happened,and he could not stop soon enough for them to get out! They were neither one hurt, thank God, and it turned out the horse had escaped from a pen, and the owner didn't blame them at all. However, my aunt and uncle freaked out when my cousin came home covered in blood,till they heard the story. True story,one of our family's wierd ones.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I got one, I was little and out with my parents and mom's parents. Grandparents loved to tell the story of how my grandpa once told my grandma he'd meet her by a tree in highschool. then she saw him and his friend running away laughing, he was going to stand her up. I told grandpa that the only reason he fessed up was because she told him she saw him! why would he do it to just tell the truth later unless he was busted?
    Grandma got quiet, said a few things to my grandpa, then it went like this:
    "She's right!I'm going to stay at their house for a few days!"
    "fine! go stay at their house!"
    "great! I'll stay for a week!"
    "stay for a month!"
    after a few minutes of this, I got sent outside with my dad to play for a while.
    My mom was mad at me, telling me to stay out of grownups conversations!
    found out years later I spurred on a fight that almost resulted in my grandma packing her bags over a 35 year old incident!
    Anonymous

• My male friend was scratched by a bitch, I don't mean a female. :) LOL A man tried to attack him and he picked them up like a rag doll.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I hired the DD of a close friend to babysit my two boys then ages 2 and 3 while we took our oldest son out for his birthday. Her DD had a 2 yr old also. We no sooner got our drinks when we decided to check in. Started calling home and cell getting no answer. Began to worry, so asked a friend to drive by our home to check on things, telling him they may be outside on the trampoling. When he got there he called and said no one was out back but he would drive around front, and go in and check. Then he said the police were in front of our house. The next words out of my DH's mouth were " Hello Officer, I am W.P, the father of the 2 boys, the little girl belongs to our sitter. We left for home, she had fallen asleep moments after we left, and her DD let our boys out of the house and the neighbors found them running in the street half naked in 40 deg weather and called 911..she is lucky we didn't kill her!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• its rainy today
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2011