Adults with braces?

How many of you mommies had braces as an adult? I hate my teeth and the dentist said it's becoming more and more common for adults to wear them, but I'm not convinced, lol. I still have only ever seen ONE woman with braces.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• I will be getting Braces soon I am 23 years old and I see nothing wrong with it as long as it fixes what I want fixed then I will put up with them and the looks of others to feel better about my smile
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wore braces as an adult...I was in my early 20s, I had begged my parents forever to get me braces but they were never able to. So as soon as I was able to do it myself, I did. It was one of the best things I could have done cause I just hated my teeth. I would cover my mouth a lot when I talked or smiled cause I was ashamed of them. It really helped my self esteem.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My sister wore them in her 20's. At my Grandkids school there are at least 3 teachers now wearing them. I've seen lots of adults with them. In the last couple of years I have known several who wore 'invisalign" braces. You cannot see them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My bil was in his 30's when he had braces. I had braces and ortho work for the 2nd time when I was in my 20's.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had them from 6th grade through 12th grade.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• nope, had them on in 6th grade and off in 7th...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011