Do you think your adult child needs a "life coach?"

Sounds like it might be a good idea - here is an article on that topic ~

Mardi and Richard Sayer get through a difficult period a few years ago when their adult daughter, Maggie Sayer, moved back into their Middletown, R.I. home.

Depressed at the time, Maggie would often stay up half the night watching TV, then sleep past noon. Her parents, worried and frustrated, tried to push her to move forward with her life. "We would fight about God knows what," says the younger Ms. Sayer, now 30 and living in Santa Monica, Calif., where she is an assistant at a school for film-industry professionals.

The three decided to see a life coach, who administered a personality test, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, to each of them. Mardi Sayer says she discovered that she and her husband are extroverts and "thinkers"; they like to identify goals and move forward directly to achieve them. Their daughter is an introvert, a "feeler" who craves harmony and needs time and freedom to discover what she wants to do.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703806304576242690486216416.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Sounds like a fad for lazy adult children.
    Anonymous

• Nah I wouldnt do that. I think you should probably know your child is an introvert by the time they are adults, dont you? I mean if you raise your child you should know them well. I think that maybe in this case they did not teach their child basic skills to survive and needed someone to come make them all feel better.

Answer by gemgem at 12:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No they are too busy living their life.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've never understood the concept of a life coach. Not necessary, imo.
    Anonymous

• I have never understood the life coach thingy either, I think it is totally unnecessary.

Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2011