• In the Spotlight:

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU?

MY HUSBAND IS IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW. WE ALWAYS EXPLAIN HOW MUCH WE CARE, BUT I WANT TO SHOW HIM. SINCE I CAN'T PHYSICALLY SHOW HIM, HOW COULD I EXPRESS TO HIM HOW I FEEL?. PLEASE HELP - I NEED TO MAKE MY HUSBAND SMILE AND KNOW ... REALLY KNOW DEEP DOWN HOW MUCH I CARE.

MrsSlater070504

Asked by MrsSlater070504 at 4:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• make him a video!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• a couple other things I did for my husband when we were apart, I made him a love poems book everyone of the poems expressed how I felt about him, I also made him a naughty calendar, without nudity, you could tell in some pics I was nude but you couldn't see anything
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Write him sappy love letters with little hearts all over it and glitter! Make him "I love you" cards and send them! Draw him a picture (even if you're not good at it) and send it to him. My husband cherishes the picture I drew him. It's of a fairy sitting on a mushroom who looks like she has something on her mind. At the top I wrote "thinking of you". Send him a Best Friends necklace, they have cool dog tag ones. Send him an article of your clothing so he'll have something of yours that he can be close to. When my husband was in Alaska working I sent him care packages all the time filled with pictures of me and all of his favorite goodies. I also bought him a PSP and sent him games and movies to watch in his spare time. Men don't like to show it but they really love that kind of stuff.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My husband never really reacted at first to that stuff until I found a box filled with every letter, card, poem, etc that I had ever given him. He said he loved when I did that and was just embarassed to show it. He said it makes him feel SO loved! If you want more Ideas just email me. Lol
    MarlyeGirl

• Another thing I did was this... I was so embarassed when I gave it to him but he cried when I did. When we were dating I got a TEENY little corked bottle and a TEENY silver key that had a heart on it. With a little silver string I hung the key from the cork so it hung down inside when the bottle was corked. I left it on his desk as I was leaving with a note that said "The Key to My Heart...."(he was in his room and not paying attention). He was in tears of joy when he came out of his room. I got more. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• what I am learning from men in iraq is that they just want their w/gf/so to be there for them. To them THAT shows love. So many women seem to get on with their life and forget these guys need to know their mate is with them in spirit and supporting them. If all else fails, bake cookies!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'll keep you and your hubby in my thoughts. My husband is over there as well and I miss him so bad. Send him e-mails, pictures, letters, care packages, etc. as much as possible. If you have a webcam, and he can get online, you can talk to each other and see each other that way. One thing to remember if you send pictures and stuff is that the sand over there gets into EVERYTHING and can destroy stuff, so make sure it is pretty well sealed or framed.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• thank you ladies so much :) & huggs to you all!
    MrsSlater070504

Answer by MrsSlater070504 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008