What do u say when your four year old asks what a va jj is ?

my sons aunt told my four year old his knees were va jjs so i had to correct him and say no baby those are knees and he gets mad and says no my va jjs so we talked for three hours til he agrres to call them knees............

damionsmommy2

Asked by damionsmommy2 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd be having a talk with his aunt, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• tell him the truth.

A vajj is a rude term for a girls private area. The real word is vagina.
    Anonymous

• Id tell him there is no such thing, but there are body parts girls have called a Vagina, and that a Vagina is what girls have instead of a penis. That is all they need to know at 4.

Answer by gemgem at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• tell the truth. A girls private area is called a vagina and some people use the word Va jj. So it is not a word we use all the time because it can make some people feel uncomfortable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You were correct to tell your child he had been told wrongly. Now tell the aunt to STOP telling him nonsense. As to when he asks you what Anything might be, give him just enough an answer to satisfy his curiosity; if it's not adequate, he'll ask another question. Don't volunteer a lot more information than he asks for; let Him lead and just always be willing to give him an honest, simple age-appropriate answer. You don't need to go into detailed explanations about everything. It's like the kid who came home from school and asked, "Mommy, where did I come from?" and the mother went into a detailed explanation of reproduction; to which the kid replied, "Well, Johnny came from New York." Kids are very literal; go with it. :0)
    graham072442

Answer by graham072442 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• WHY they heck would she say that to him in the first place...and ugh..va jj is so...wrong...
    I would definitely be letting her know how I felt about it.
    As for him, just explain the real word and what it is. I agree with graham072442...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Um i don't think it's appropriate to tell a child of that age to use the terms vagina and penis.....but thats just me. they are private parts to my kids. why the heck do they need to know those words at such a young age. I would not be happy if i heard my children say them, i don't even say those words to my parents now. i know a lot of people have a different opinion than me but that's what i think!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i dont know what your saying and yeah you should be saying some thing to the aunt because what else will she be telling next.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You can say that it's funny that she said that because you have never heard that before.

And as the Mother, you can always refer to anatomy with proper names.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011