Why wont my 2 1/2 year old sleep at night?

My son is 2 and half and he will not sleep at night. I have tried just about everything. It's like his mind will not shut off and let him sleep. I have tried no nap during the day, playing music, not playing music, having the tv on, having it off. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks so much!!

Simple925

Asked by Simple925 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter was that age, she wanted ...one more story, one more sip of water, one more kiss/hug, one more potty trip. Although cute, I had to set ground rules. Routine, Routine, Routine worked for us. 7:10 = Brush Teeth, 7:13 = Go Potty, 7:15 = Bath Time, 7:30 = Go Potty, Blow Nose, Sip of Water, 7:35 Pick Out/Read Story 7:40 Tucked In Bed/Hug & Kiss. Always sang (still do) Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star was I turned out her light and closed the door. There were nights where she would get out of bed 6, 7, 8 times (I thought I was going insane). I had to keep my cool because yelling/arguing just made it worse. I gave her the tough love silent treatment. If she had to go potty, we went, but there was no talking - made it less fun for her. I never gave in on "one more story, please!" I simply said "no" calmly. There was A LOT of crying, but she evently crashed. Did this 'tough love' for about 2wks and it worked.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 1:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• do you use a crib yet?

Do you let him lay in bed and cry himself to sleep?
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011