Omg...2 year old seperation anxiety (vent)

Okay, I've tried everything but putting the fear of God into her. I'm about to beat her.

I joined the gym, they offer babysitting services. Okay, before we even pulled into the parking lot, my DD lost it. Went nuts. I calmed her down and said "if you don't cry, mommy will get you icecream after we leave here."
"okay mommy".

She's calm. We walk in, she loses it again. Rips the stitches out of this little girls face because my DD hit her. They (gym) told me they cannot watch her at all (yet doesn't act this way when she's with me). She does act like this if I walk out of the room (if her dad is here).

So, I've punished her. 2 or not....I don't care...bash away. She got her ass busted not once...not twice...not three times...but four. Not all together, but she's not listening. Time outs aren't working. It seems spanking works. I'm so fucking tired of this.

She is laying on the couch for a nap...no cartoons for the rest of the day. No play time today with mommy. No treats only healthy snacks (normally she gets gummy treats with her lunch).

She is just laying here crying. Wanting me to hold her. OMFG...and now she's screaming because I'm ignoring her.

Please someone help me..........I'm at wits ends.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel you, we all reach that point at one time or another! As for spanking, you do what works for your child. Does she realize though that she got spanked b/c she messed up, or does she think you did it b/c you are pissed? Maybe she enjoys so to speak the reaction she gets from you? Maybe holding her until you are both calm would work? I did that with my DS and we both ended up crying apologizing to each other. I know little ones this easy really put us to the test to put it lightly,but it will not last forever. I don't really have direction to offer, but just keep reminding her than your feelings are hurt too and don't let her forget how much mommy loves her :) Sorry your having such a rough time :(
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Try tiring her out. More outside time, swimming. Anything to continuously get that energy out of her. She's misusing her energy on outbursts & other kids.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I understand your frustration. Seperation issues with kids can be a nightmare, but honestly, punishing her for something that is normal for a kid is pretty harsh-and I'm not sure it would be very productive. Punishing for hurting another kids though is fine-but make sure she understand that THAT is what she is in trouble for. This will pass. Try to take a breath and realise she IS ONLY TWO. She has a lot of growing and learning to do ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011