Lotion???

My 3 year old can't stand lotion on his body after bath's or shower's..
so i just don't put it on him, well its time to start to put lotion or something on his skin.. TO DRy!!

What can i do??

He likes his arms because it makes it feel better for a min. i guess :( i don't know

any suggestions would be great

Thank you

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can try putting baby oil or olive oil right in the bathwater, just do it at the end because it makes everything really slippery. A lot of it will cling to the skin when you pull him out of the bath, then just towel him off really gently so you don't wipe it all off and that should help moisturize the skin some.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Not only do I not use lotion on my kids, I don't use it on me. Most times the ingredients in the lotions are more damaging to us than going without is. It's better to use a hydrating, sulfate free soap and make sure your patting dry with a towel rather than wiping or air drying as that will help your/his skin to absorb the moisture from the bath and help stop extra drying. When something more is needed I use Almond Oil in a spray bottle. Just spritz it on and rub it in. It's all natural - no chemicals, no additives - it smells great and helps to nourish the skin rather than simply hold moisture.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bathe him less often. Use cooler water, gentler body wash, and maybe a quick shower rather than a longer bath too.
    Anonymous

• you can try using Dove soap. both my boys and I have really dry skin. and dove works great. I use baby oil, after i wash them. they play with there bath toys for a few minutes and soak it up. they dont even realize that they are hydrating there skin. then i patt them dry, try not to rub. When you have dry skin and apply lotion it can burn, its like having wind burn ya no? its not comfortable. stores have this lotion called aquafer, i know he doesnt like lotion but if you put a little on it wont burn. it will be more like a soothing feeling because it doesnt have perfume or alchohol in it. let it dry before putting his clothes on so he doesnt feel sticky. that is prob uncomfortable for him too. Good Luck!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 3:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My son has eczema so even after a bath and thru out the day I will put Vaseline on him. (He prefers this over lotion)
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 3:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011