Time to go to the beach - BUT i'm not sure about the bathing suit part...

I am 27, and had a baby a year ago - my body has totally changed. Will I look "old" or tooo "mom" if I wear a black skirt bathing suit, with tankini style top??? My tummy is still "loose" and crazy with stretch marks, and I am very self conscious about my inner thighs since the pregnancy. The skirt covers me more than a regular swim bottom, and the tankini obviouslycovers my tummy. I have two tops that match the black swim skirt - one shows more cleavage, and the other is like a tube top... My point is - I feel "old" wearing it - no one my age that I have seen wears this stuff..... Everyone's in these cute "little" bikinis.... :( I want my dh to think I'm sexy! :( but the bikini is too much too soon since the baby.... (I did used to look good in one..) It's been a YEAR - I feel horrible!

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would wear boyshorts and a tankini top. You still look young and sexy and still have coverage
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 1:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• just wear shorts and a tee shirt
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There are lots of cute skirt style dresses out there now but what work really well are the "miracle" suits that come with the built in slimmer and a design that minimizes any bulges. Lands End had some really cute full coverage suits in their catalog. Even Target has some minimizing suits now!

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh dear. :-( I'm sorry. I'm your age and they have some cute one-piece styles out right now. They have those 50's style one piece suits that show more cleavage and you could always wear a little sarrong (like what Beyonce wears) with it. Throw your hair up and put some sun glasses on. You will look sexy!
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Tankini sounds perfect!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Look My friend if you think you look hott and your comfortable who cares! Your still in your 20's and you have as much right to show off your body as those 200+ people that do too! ( no offense)
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Tankini or skirt suit.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes i think so, look on the internet for some ideas and you will have different looks to see before you go out to buy one. they have such nice one piece suites and they control the tummy
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011