Are there any moms on CafeMom that have the same beliefs as....

the Duggar or Bates families?

My husband and I have a lot of similar beliefs as them. We do however only have 3 children but will have one or 2 more later on but we believe in dressing modestly and myself and our girls have long hair(we do get it trimmed, but it says in the bible that a womens long hair is her honor). We are conservative baptist.

Just wondering if there where in other moms on here with similar beliefs.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sure, in some ways. I've always wanted a big family, at the very least four children, but Hubby doesn't want more than four. So, that's my limit. We have three boys right now. I like and have long hair but every few years I get aggravated with it and cut most of it off and then let it grow back out. I look good with short hair too. And I have always prefered a more modest dress. It's just more comfortable and looks better on me. Even when I was in dance school, where I would have to where more form fitting clothes, I would be covered from shoulder to toe. I'm a Non-Denominational Christian. I've been to a few different denominational churches. I like a lot of the Baptist teaching though. My Pastor used to be a Baptist minister but he's now Non-Denom.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't think they would have a CM account if they did. Seems to me I heard the Duggars talk about Social Networks being harmful to morality or something...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There are somethings I agree with them on, but other things not so much. We do not personally believe in using hormonal birth control (we only have one child though =)). We believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible. Unlike the Duggars though, we are big fans of music/dancing and Facebook. I do respect that they are able to stand strong in their convictions and provide for their families.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yea, we don't use facebook or those other ones Cafemom is the only one I use.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I believe that the Duggars are "Quiverful". Am I mistaken? I adhere to many of the same beliefs as their family, but there are some I don't neccessarily agree with.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• @Rennee3K...This is what there website says..."Jim Bob Duggar[ and his wife Michelle] are conservative Baptists who endorse the Quiverfull movement. Here is the website...www.duggarfamily.com
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Ok, I thought so. I don't really agree with that. Quiverfull families "eschew all contraception in favor of the philosophy of letting God give them as many children as possible-families of twelve or more children that will, they hope, enable them to win the religion and culture wars through demographic means: by reproducing more than other social groups."  But like I said, I hold many of the same beliefs, but there are a few that seem a little strange to me.

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011