should i tell my sister?

my daughter is 9 my neice is 11 she is bad ! she steals from my child so i let her come over and i was sick on the couch fell asleep and let them go online to play games ! well i went to look at the history and it showed they went on youtube my daughter is not allowed on there ! they looked up naked peopl and lesbian stuff my girl never knew what that is now i yelled at them and they said they didnt do it why is my niece looking at that crap my girl told me after my niece left she looked it up should i call my sister and tell her i know she will be in denial she lets her child be home alone and never watches what she does and now i will not let my neice see my child anymore im so mad what is wrong with that child ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• If it were me I would tell my sister and let her decide how to handle the situation! I would think she has a right to know. My sis and I are close and I think she would be upset with me if I didn't tell her about it.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 5:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Hell yes you should tell your sister! But just to relieve your mind, they don't have full on nudity on youtube or actual sexual stuff. If it IS a inappropriate they have to have a profile on youtube that states they're over 18. (I KNOW that she could have a fake one but I still hope this makes you feel better)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have a niece like that also, she turned 12 today but she seems to always want to get on my computer and I say NO! I use the excuse that I have dial up and it is slow. She is a very sexual type of girl and my son is still very "innocent", he's picking up stuff here and there but I don't let him have access to sexually related sites, heck we don't even have an x-box or cable!, Not because I don't want to, but mostly because I can't afford it and because I love to watch regular T.V. too much. Keep your child away from what you don't think they can handle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• OK YOUR RIGHT MARLYE THEY NEED TO BE 18 I JUST LOOKED BUT THEY STILL LOOKED AT THE PICS OF GIRLS KISSING AND LOOKED UP MILEY NAKED IS MY NIECE GAY WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER ! IF I TELL MY SISTER SHE WILL SAY WELL YOUR CHILD LOOKED TO BUT MY CHILD CAN'T SPELL NAKED AND LESBIAN IM SO MAD MY CHILD SAW THIS !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think most girls are curious at that age. I was pretty innocent, I didn't know what a blow job was til I was 14. When I learned about lesbians I thought "Omg! Girls can kiss eachother!". I don't think it means she's gay, more like she's going to be an oversexed handful when she's older. Still tell your sister. If she doesn't believe you then it's on her. At least you'll have told her about it. When your neice is older and starts acting out then your sister will look back and think "Damn... I should have listened to her!"
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I went through a similar situation when I was 16. My cousin was 14 and MUCH more advanced than me. She was telling me about all the stuff she did with boys at school and at the movies. Like blowjobs and handjobs and stuff. I told her mom. Afterwards it was said that I was a little liar and I was just jealous of my cousin and that I wanted to get her in trouble. I waited it out and stood my ground and of course, the mask fell off and everyone saw my cousin for what she really was. Personally, if I were you and my sister didn't believe me, I'd say screw her. You'd be doing her a favor by telling her that her daughter is exposing your daughter to sexual stuff and if she takes it as an attack then she's stupid. GOOD LUCK!!! If you need someone to talk to I'm on here ALL the time and I won't judge you at all!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have 2 sons who get into trouble for being disruptive and disrespectful at school constantly. Their principals and teachers call me several times a week

It drives me crazy when they go into a novel of what my kids have done. They all sound like a broken record. I know what they're going to say before the words even come out of their mouth. I'm usually answering questions they haven't asked yet.. LOL

I would prob just inform the offending child of what they did and what the consequences are(eq not coming over indefinitely,) then inform the parent casually when they're available to talk. As long as the child understands why they're not invited over anymore, then they now have the choice to change their behavior or to not. I think its great when other parents in my family help hold my kids accountable for their bad choices.

ItsJustJenn

Answer by ItsJustJenn at 7:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't think you have to worry about your niece being gay. At this age they are just curious. They are thinking about what their first kiss is going to be like and all that tweeny stuff. I remember at that age I was curious about hickies so I put one on my arm so I would know how to do it. Ok now looking back that was silly but at the time something important to me. I wasn't putting hickies on people but I wanted to know how to do it. I would tell my sister what they were looking up and leave it at that. I wouldn't not let my child not see their cousin over this. You would also be surprised at what your daughter already knows from school. I also wouldn't let them get on the computer together without supervision anymore. I know you fell asleep on the couch so you couldn't help what they did. Things like that happen. Good luck!
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 12:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yeah girl I am currently going through not letting my neice and nephew come over too!!! They lie,cheat,steal do whatever they want. Neice told huge lie to DH that started divorce . Told DH that she saw me with EX hubby while I had her and other kids while visiting family. The only time I left was to breakfast with all the grown girls!!! She hadn't gotten her way so she lied . then they called CPS on me. No they won't be coming through my door anytime soon. Also nephew continued to expose himself to my sons at nighttime when he spent time here his summer he's 14 they were 8 & 9 he tried to show them how to masturbate. Do guys teach each other this??? I always thought it was an animal instint that you learned "solo"?I finally had to call his Dad and have him come get him. (SIL lost custody~suprise!!) so, you're right tell sis but expect denial on her part. She is not part of this solution I think???!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You should not call your sister. You should go over and talk to your sis and her daughter in person. It should be resolved. This is a pretty common kid thing. It doesn't make it right. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2008