Can you repay someone back with no money? A lady don't know

I put an ad on craigslist asking for free baby stuff because dh's house at work got cut and I can't afford stuff right now. Well this lady messaged me and told me she has baby stuff I can have she said you need a van with double doors for eveerything and she is giving it all to me for free. Now I feel bad and wish I could give her money or repay her in someway, but I don't have any money right now. Is there any other way to repay her? I don't know this lady either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Bake her cookies, cake or pie. A Thank-you care is nice as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Write a hand-written thank you letter to her. It is always so wonderful to know that someone appreciates you . . . that would be worth more than anything you can buy. She wants you to have it for free :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Keep her name and address so that you can repay her later if you're able to. At the very least send her a warm thank you card for all she's giving you.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with writing a heartfelt message in a card or letter. Let her know how much you appreciate her :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• keep her name and number and when things turn around for you give her something in retun f thats what you want to do
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Offer free services like house cleaning.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bake her something. When things get better - drop her a card with a few $ in it. Take the baby to see her often. Or maybe all she really needs - is someone to visit with. Offer coffee get togethers just to chat....
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't know how much I can do I am almost 6 months pregnant and hug already she wont let me carry any of the baby stuff when she brings it to me even if it is light so I don't think she will let me clean for her lol. I told her my dh can come and get the stuff, but she said she can drop it off to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• wow that is really nice of her. pass it on and do something nice for someone else that they may be struggling with!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Take the kindness. It's hard to find these days.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011