Are you a step parent ?

i am

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Although i am no longer with my SO i still consider myself a step parent. I still get my step-son once a month as apposed to two. I was part of his life for close to eight years...and his mom and i speak more to one another than we do his dad! lol.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 3:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yep
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes I am.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, and at this point I hope I can find someone without kids. I know it sounds awful but I have so much stress in my life because of mstbxh that I don't know that I could deal with his ex also.
    Anonymous

• No and I chose not to be on purpose. I love my kids but accepting someone elses children would have been hard for me to do when I was single.

Answer by gemgem at 1:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No. My husband is a stepdad to my kids, but I looked for someone without kids when I was a single mom. You can't help you fall in love with, but you can help who you choose to date. I grew up in a blended family and know how hard it is - I didn't want me getting remarried to be harder on my kids than it already is!

Answer by missanc at 2:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, but I have a friend who is a single father to his 1 year old daughter, her mother isn't in her life so along with myself and several other friends we sort of fill in the mommy role. Right now he's living at my house because his place was destroyed by a fallen tree with all the snow and ice storms we had this winter (though construction to fix his house has finally made some progress) and his daughter is treated the same as my own kids.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes i am, of two five years old. =]
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011