What is your opinion on what a good father is? adult content

Some woman think just because a bio dad doesn't turn their back on a child totally when they split up or divorce that it makes them a good dad, what do you think makes a good dad?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• A good dad is one who actively participates in the childs life and his main concern is the childs' welfare.

That means that they do not have to be biologically their father.

I'm lucky, My DD has 2 dads. Her bio dad (divorced) is very active in her life and wants to spend as much time with her as he can. Her soon-to-be step-dad, also cares about her and is active in her life.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I could go on forever about what makes a good father.. Spending time with their kids is a big one. Not being a show-off in front of others.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A good dad is there for his kids regardless. My dh is my kids step dad and more of a dad then their real dad is to them. But like I said they really only have one dad and in the end they have to learn how to accept the fact their dad was not a good one. My hope is they learn what a good dad is/was by what my husband has done from them, not what their dad has done for them.

Answer by gemgem at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A good father models for his children how a man should love his wife and provide for her and his family. It's about character and integrity more than a list of the things he does or does not do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A good dad is a man that is always there for his children.One who helps them out with any problem that they might have at school or with friends. Somene that spends time with his children.outside on the back yard, playing ball, or in the house watching tv . A good father also puts his children first before anyrhing else. A a good father also goes out places as a family , he just desn't send mom out with the kids.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I"d say a good dad is one who keeps mom happy ,that way the entire family is happy
    moosimamma

Answer by moosimamma at 3:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Good dad is a man that likes to read to his children, and tell them bedtime stories. A good dad likes to give his son a haircut.
    Lynnda

Answer by Lynnda at 10:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011