I really have two questions: I need help with these. please. thanks.

1.How long do you tend to bake chicken parts. wings thighs, breast.drums,with bone in. Mine tends to be a little pink inside yet.
2. By accident my husband went out and got turkey ground meat. What can I make with turkey ground meat. Never had that kind of meat befiore. (ex. burgers ) what else?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• ANY thing you can make with ground beef you can make with ground turkey.
    We havent bought ground beef in years because the turkey is better for you.
    Anonymous

• Meat loaf. Or, mix in some taco mix and brown . . . ground turkey is great for homemade taco night.

Or . . . if you have a lot of time, mix in some spinach, garlic, salt, and make potstickers to steam.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• he chix. sorry not sure about ?? But ground turkey u can use just like Hamburger. An a great place i goto for tips recipes etc. is www.tasteofhomes.com it is a great site for help an qustions an so forth! hope this helps out .. good luck!
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Chicken.....hmmmm just baked like with bbq sauce I bake the breast about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs (you can cut into a piece to check).

Ground turkey.....not the best for a hamburger if thats what you were in the mood for - takes some getting used to the flavor. but excellent for spag sauce, ham helper, tacos, etc. I usually use ground turkey or ground pork alot lately, less expensive as beef too. for my meatloaf I mix beef and pork. I also found a great recipe for a Hawaiian meatloaf for pork or turkey......so yum.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• HAMBURGER HELPER , YOU CAN't tell the difference.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I only use ground turkey now. Nobody can tell it's not ground beef, with the exception of turkey burgers. I'm thinking I have not perfected my burger recipe though.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Chicken about an hour. Takes a while. & Turkey & Beef are interchangeable.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• As long at the temp for the chicken is above 165*. Ground turkey is just like ground hamburger, cooks the same.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Q No. 2 - ground turkey works well in tacos ..
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Chicken pieces like legs & thighs I bake for 1 hour at 375.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011