Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dead beat dads adult content

If my sons father doesn't show up for court ordered visitation, doesn't call his son, or complains about getting a full time job because they don't want to pay me more, would you consider that a dead beat?

Answer Question

Asked by ashleypalomba at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 6 (115 Credits)
Answers (29)
  • yes

    Answer by tnm786 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • In my opinion yes thats exactly what he is!

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Not paying the court order support makes you a dead beat Dad, you cant force visitation, if they dont want to be part of the kid's life thats their loss. Some states will revoke your liscence or car plates or put you in jail for non payment of child support.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • yepper!

    Answer by brypmom at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • No. A dead beat dad to me is someone who does not pay child support per the court order. Someone who does not show up for visits is just an irresponsible person who is likely selfish and into their own interests over their own childs.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • yes

    Answer by thecoffeefairy at 1:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Ok. You said in your other posts ( i just realized this was the same person posting) you'd prefer him not to be in your sons life and the your current husband provides for your son emotionally and financially. So if your sons father does not work full time for the sole puropose of not having to support his son then yes he is a jerk, but it really sounds like something is being left out here. He's getting protective orders based on false allegations, getting his mother involved, getting a GAL, putting you through hell all so he can not show up for visitation?

    Answer by yesmaam at 1:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • No - a deadbeat dad is when he doesn't pay child support. He's just an uninvolved father.

    Answer by missanc at 1:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Not only that but I'd take him to court. The court order states the minimum he is required to do and if he can't follow those set rules he's in contempt and could be jailed or fined.

    Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • i would terminate his rights

    Answer by sexcimomof2 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.