Are you done with being a People Pleaser I am or were you never one?

I always worried about what people thought.

I don't care anymore, I am going to be happy.

Like me for me or don't like me at all.....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• it depends on who the people are! but usually i dont care what about think at all.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Life is TO Short to be anything but happy!! You can only control what goes through Your mind, your actions and what works come out of your mouth.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I never really saw them as opposing ideas.  ((people pleasing vs. being happy.))

I have people pleasing tendencies.... but they in no way make me unhappy.  I have the ability to say no when Im asked to do something I can not manage or do not want to do.  but saying yes often DOES please me.

Perhaps it isnt people pleasing that is the issue but an issue of boundaries, the self confidence to say no, or the fear of rejection if you say no.

Anonymous

• People pleaser with that you let people do things or say things that you are not comfortable with because you don't want them upset with you....Which makes you unhappy....

Forget that, I am done. I want what I want if you don't like it., owell.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Anonymous I get what your your saying I need to work on SELF CONFIDENCE TOO....
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Good for you, just be careful. I'm actually too far in the other direction and often did things without regard for other people. The key is to find balance.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I need to find balance but I am too softeee. :) Thanks
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No! I thrive on being myself and expressing my very controversial opinions all the time. I want to be the same person around everyone. But I don't cuss at work cuz I'm a preschool teacher.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You can be a people pleaser without agreeing with what everyone else says. I generally am well liked and have many friends but they all know that I wont sit there and condone stupid things either. I can disagree with someone and still be a good friend to them, and vice versa.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was...and I worred about how people felt about me and worried that if I didn't please them that they would reject me.....nobody was abusive in my life but they did see that they could take advantage of me and make me feel that everything was my fault or that I had to be perfect.....NOT NOW! I am a nice person but I am not letting anyone walk all over me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011