Dead beat MOMS

Do you think it's possible for a woman to be a dead beat mom while her children are living with her?

What about a mom who has 3 kids by 3 guys, collects child support from each, but refuses to allow the fathers to visit or contact the kids...and won't get a job. She makes more money sitting on her behind collecting from three men and all the government assistance she gets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I wish fathers who truly do have good intentions realized they DO HAVE RIGHTS!!!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No - she's irresponsible, selfish, etc. but "deadbeat parent" is a term to describe a parent that isn't paying child support according to the court order.

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• if she refuses the father can fight it. i wouldn't consider her a dead beat mom, just a mom who made some bad decisions and as long as she is using that money for it's intended purpose, who cares?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes there is such ppl out there. I was a single parent of 2, going to college full time, working full time and had girls in my class who were ticked that the govt talked "if you are on welfare you need to do community service" OMG how can they do THAT when they had a child at home AND went to school PT????????
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am not one to judge someone's life style and without knowing the full extent of the situation could not say she was a dead beat mom. Lazy? Maybe. A deadbeat mom to me is a mom whose child is living with the father and does not pay child support. Same as with a dad.

Answer by gemgem at 1:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• nope not a dead beat. Irresponsible maybe. She cant keep the children from the father thats an excuse the fathers need to make a prioriety to get into court and get court ordered visitation. It falls on them.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• woap! None of my business!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• sounds like mt stepsons mom but she does allow visitation. In fact she loves it when the kids fathers take them but she wont allow them to have the kids full time since it takes from her child support and welfare. She is one of those moms that refuses to work and takes the government for all it's worth./ She has 3 kids form 3 different fathers and no one in the house works just all live off welfare.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Court costs money.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Court does not, but attorneys do and for custody issues yes they do. Trust me I know! Before we finally got custody of my DH son we fought long and hard for 7 years and near $75k, but that includes flying back and forth to another state for court 2x a year. We maxed out more than 1 credit card doing it and paying child support.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011