CPS question

First off im not a CPS caller and the though of calling makes me very nervous. i need to know from someone who works with CPS (cali) or someone who called how confidential the call is. The info I will be giving only a handfull of people know and it can not be traced back to me. I dont have the home address but I know what school the kids go to. Will the worker go to the school? Also will the worker tell the mom specifically what the person who called said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can make anonymous calls to CPS. They won't tell on you...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• With an anonymous tip the problem is they usually cannot substantiate child abuse. They need a real life person willing to take the stand if it came to that and explain what abuse was witnessed and what lead to the call. An anonymous caller can give a tip, and it can be investigated but if they cannot find someone willing to take the stand more often than not the case is closed. You tip WILL remain anonymous whether you give your name or not. The CPS worker can never reveal who made the call. A person who has had CPS called on them can usually put two and two together if not many have the information you have.
    Anonymous

• No by law they can't..... You call annymous and that is all you need to do.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They aren't supposed to tell who called. They DO tell what the caller said, though. HTH
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• they will tell what you said, but not who you are.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You can make an anonymous call. Just explain to them what you said here and your reasons and that should be the end of it. Hopefully the kids will get the help they need. Good luck!

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I called on someone before. My BFF called my crying saying her ex threw her 3 year old across the room. I was a little nervous about him retaliating, but it worked out. He still doesn't know it was me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've called anonymously, cps will have to tell them what it pertains to. They will go to the school or at least contact the school to get a home address. Even if your nervous and you feel the situation is bad enough then make the call!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Your call will remain anonymous. But if you are aware of child abuse, you are required by law to report it either way.
    Anonymous