Who has had eye surg done to correct their vision and what do you think?

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 1:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Friends have had it done and they've been pretty happy with it but I'm too chicken. Bok Bok!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Best thing I've ever done! No regrets at all. Had to have both eyes done twice though as my vision was so bad. The actual laser procedure took about 90 seconds each and they gave me atvian
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 3:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My mother in law has had this done with one of her eyes ( only one was weak) .... they have had to do it over twice and now she cannot see at all out of that eye.

i know that every person will be different and some people will have better vision ... but I would be wayyyy to afraid to ever get this done if I had to.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My husband and I both had LASIK done in December 2007. It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. I wrote a journal on my experience, if you want to read about the surgery. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1474600/Today_s_theme_vision_and_LASIK

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My dh had it done back in 05. he was literally going blind because his eyes were getting so bad so quickly. he still has 20/20 vision and the docs do offer "touch up" service for free (good docs not scammers) because you will need touch ups if you get it done when you are young. honestly i think it has made his eyes look better - bigger and healthier from not wearing glasses anymore - he did have some side effects - halos around lights for the first year at night. he is a super wimp about medical stuff and said it didnt hurt - they just give you vallium for it. from our experience it is a really really good thing!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I only had light halos for a short time. Maybe a month or so. I was told that bladeless LASIK decreases that. I don't know why.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DH had it done, and he loves it. He had both eyes done.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 2:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My friends who have had it done ended up with too many problems. I don't think it's a safe or necessary procedure.
    Anonymous

• Not going there and I have terrible vision. I'll keep my glasses ....

tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had it done 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. I had very poor vision in one eye and the other wasn't great. Now I see about 25-20.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011