Anyone from or know of New Jersey?

We are considering relocating due to a job transfer.. I'm interested in schools, churches the community... I dont like reading the "webpage" I want people who know of NJ.. what can you tell me about it.. is it a nice state? Does it have a nice commuity? crime rate, violence. etc.etc. Any suggestions, comments or advice would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks.....

BTW- to answer so questions its Southern NJ near Hammonton, NJ.. I believe Atlantic County but I could be wrong!!!!

solmenkoo3

Asked by solmenkoo3 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• You couldnt pay me a million a year to live in Jersey. For so many reasons I dont have enough room here to list them all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bergen county------ love it....

Morris County------love it.... Jersey is big depends where the job is relocating.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I lived in NJ for over 20 years (live in S. FL now). Depends where in Jersey you're relocating to. I know Morris county and Sussex county well.

Sheesh, vbruno, why such hatred for Jersey? I'm curious....you don't have enough room to list all your reasons, then list 5.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with above poster. I grew up in Morris County. It is perfect. A great area. Now I live by Bergen County. Also great. I love NJ. A great place to raise a family. Where in NJ are you moving?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• How about Long Island, NY? Very little crime & excellent schools. Where is the new job located??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We are visiting my CM BF in NJ in a week - I'll let ya know lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Why the down vote for Long Island?? If the new job is near, most of Long Island commutes to Manhattan, NJ & CT.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• NJ is nice where I live. We are three miles from NY. It is very much like Long Island.
    Anonymous

• unfortunately im unaware of whats near by, its near Hammonton, NJ... i believe someone told me Atlantic county...??
    solmenkoo3

Comment by solmenkoo3 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Is that down the shore?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011