How to go about getting sole custody adult content

I want to try to get sole custody of my son because bio dad is a liar, and barely sees his son, doesn't follow court orders or anything, what are my chances of winning sole custody if I filed for it?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 2:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• it depends .. but if the child mainly lives with you then you have a shot, file before he does
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would say little to none. Usually to get sole custody he either has to not fight you for it or have some serious abuse issues. It just doesn't happen very often. If he doesn't follow court orders, you can take him to court for contempt but courts aren't going to stop him from lying.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• He has to be proven unfit. The negative things he has agianst him, might make it a little easier for you to, but not much.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 2:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well my son did come home saying that his dad hits him in the head, even had him evaluated by the doctor. Could that get me sole custody?
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Check on the site http://www.theorganizeddivorce.com There are some helpful articles on custody on there.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011