Debate question: do you think if a father doesn't pay child support he should be able to see his child? adult content

I was just wondering what everyones opinion on this is.

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have mixed opinions on this. I wish I could force my ex to pay but I also don't want to withhold my kids from seeing their dad - that's like punishing them because their dad is a jerk!

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The real question is should the child be allowed to see the parent because they are the vulnerable ones. It is easy to decide the parent is unworthy but in the long run,it is the child who suffers due to that decision.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• what ever is in the best interest of the child , payments up or not
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think they should be able to see their father..............guess if I was the one having to pay and could not for reasons I would hope to see mine, don't think that would ever happen but if it did. My BF pays child support to his ex wife, his daughter is 19 not living at home she is living with her boyfriend and been out of school 3 years and he never sees her but he still pays now I think that's bull but in order to quit playing he has to go to court pay court cost and prove she does not live at home, or in school so the only one here thats getting anything is his ex-wife................State of Ms is crazy!!!!! Why cant he just give money to his daughter?
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If a man dosent pay his child support he should still get to see his child or children. A man however should pay his child support.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i think he can still see the kids it's just going to hurt them in the long run let the courts handle child support
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think parents need to be completely unselfish when it comes to the child and do what is best for that child. If the father is an otherwise stable good individual then money should play no part in visitation. My opinion comes from experience. My ex owes over 50K but that has never stopped me from allowing my son to visit my ex's side of the family.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If you can't support your child then you shouldn't see your child. Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• To me, the two are not related. My kids should not be penalized by missing out on time with their father because he is in arrears on his child support.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011