What a Wake-up.........(not really a question)

Time: 4 am

I'm woken up by muffled thuds, then by a woman screaming in pain/fear/anger/who knows what. All I know is that it's NOT a happy sound. I live in an apartment complex. There are two buildings with my apartment letter on it. I'm 90% sure the noises, for lack of a better term, were coming from the other building, not mine. My best guess is that whatever apartment over there has repeated calls for domestic violence were at it again this morning.

I felt sick to my stomach afterwards. I DID call 9-1-1 and reported what I heard and what I guessed at. I've got a police scanner on my phone which is how I know about the previous domestic violence. All I really wanted to do was drag my kids into bed with me and hug and cuddle them. But they don't need to be disturbed in the middle of the night. It took me a couple hours to get back to sleep.

I can't get that scream out of my head. If you've ever been a victim you know what I'm talking about. If you've not been a victim you can probably guess.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Hopefully the police were able to pinpoint where that scream was coming from.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'm glad you did something. I'm glad you called 911.

I was 19, and my bf at the time wouldnt let me out of the house at 830 pm. There were 5 buildings with 8 units each that I KNOW could hear me screaming for help! After half an hour, I busted through a window to get out to see 30 people standing around outside, watching for something to happen. How could all my neighbors just WATCH??? Couldn't believe not one person called for help!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011