My 7 year old is so moody

my daughter is 7 she gets mad verry easily and has such a bad attitude she does great in school but has trouble making friends i think because she comes off with a bad attitude. she will cry verry loud over anything. she's always had this attitude and i just don't know how to deal with her sometimes if you don't help her with something quickly she starts crying and screaming and she acts like she can't do anything for her self she goes as far as waking me up at 2 in the morning just to go up stairs and cover her up and if you don't she will cry and scream untill everyone's awake. i have three boys and two step daughters from 11 to 2 mos. old and none of them act this bad what can i do to get her to stop?

wells2811

Asked by wells2811 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like she is looking for any kind of attention. I have a 8 year old sounds familiar. I won't tolerate it anymore but I will spend more time with each of my kids. I have 4 so I explained we need to work as a team....

Good luck, It is a struggle but I have faith we will be alright and so will you.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Punish her if she wakes anyone up and stop giving in to her. It sounds like she is running the show.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OMG.. I see my future.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Talk to her doctor. It sounds like she may be a little hyperactive? As far as the sleep issue, I would talk to her dr about giving her chewable melatonin at night. I buy mine from GNC, it tastes like cherry. It is a natural sleep aid!! Believe me I know how my own family is when we dont get enough sleep!! Zombieland!!!!
    cutiepiesmama

Answer by cutiepiesmama at 9:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Tell him every day the 10 rules of the house or no privileges.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011