Is a jumperoo the same a exersauser?

I had one of those johnny jump ups before for my kids, but I had it at my moms because we didn't have door frame to use it. Both kids loved it and now that I am pregnant again I am thinking when the time comes of going with a jumperoo, but if I get one of those is it the same as an exersauser? I was thinking of getting one and getting an exersauser, but not sure if I want the exersauser if it is the same as a jumperoo?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not the same, but I would say you only need one. they are in those for such a short time, unless someone gives you one, I would only buy one.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• What are the diffrences between them?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• They are not the same. We had both for our daughter. She liked the variety. The exersaucer doesn't bounce, ours moved a little and it had a bunch of toys. Our jumparoo had some toys and she could jump with it. Ours wasn't one that you had to put in a door frame. It had a base and stood on the floor. You can look them up at babies r us to get an idea, just search exersaucer or jumparoo.
    silkbuny

Answer by silkbuny at 2:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• An exersaucer is like a walker, but instead of having wheels so the child can walk in it, it sits in a "saucer" - they sit in a seat like a walker, it has toys all around them like a walker. They can't jump up & down in it like a jumperoo but it's the same kind of seat.
    Anonymous

• "They can't jump up & down in it like a jumperoo but it's the same kind of seat. "

Actually, some exersaucers do allow the child to bounce in the seat. It doesn't bounce quite as well, though.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2011