I can't believe this can you?

my son's been sick and in and out of the ER and Doctor's offices...come to find out the claim I put in back in January with MassHealth BMC was never followed up on they changed his name but didn't change his birthday to the correct date of birth so I've been getting all these bills and being told my son's medical coverage has been denied...so I called them today and spoke to numerous people to straighten this out and found out my son had two account's with them each being half right...I was nice and patient and have to call back Monday to pray that they switched the information so that my son can keep getting his coverage...I can't believe that they just pushed my information and case aside in the first place back in January knowing that my son was born a month early... that just erks me
but can you just believe this

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• I don't have any problem believing a mistake was made. Hopefully when you call back on Monday everything will be straightened out and there will be no interruption in your son's care. Hope he gets what he needs and recovers soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• sadly YES, I went through 6 months of claims and paperwork and constant phone calls to get my husbands skin cancer removal covered when it was not my place to have to do so - I almost ended up having to pay over $26 k for something my insurance did cover... So sorry you have to deal with thsi
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• the best part is the Hospital at which he was born messed up because they didn't double check it before sending it out so now i'm going threw all this just so that he can keep being seen to get better :( my poor baby
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I belive it. I was very sick due to meds with having my first child and when I went to have my second they had no record of it. I brought it to my docs. attention. when we were in the delivery room they had me to a machine and it ran out of paper to record my rates. The nurses were going to let it go and my doc said not to let it happn again. Thanks doc.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 2:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• This isn't unusual, unfortunately. I'm glad they figured out what was going on and I hope your son feels better.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'm sorry your having trouble. Keep pushing to make things right. Good luck and I hope your son is ok.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i can, this happened with my first and second (they had the wrong bday for them), with my 3rd they had her name spelled incorrectly. i had to change it all with the insurance, then call the drs and hospital to have them resubmit bills...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Wow what a pain that must have been!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011