My c-section incision is bleeding!!!

I had a c-section 3 weeks ago and today when I was GENTLY drying it I noticed some pink on my towel. I lifted the skin to look and there are HOLES in some spots and it's bleeding. My next appointment isn't until the 5th. Should I reschedule it for sooner? I dabbed it until it quit bleeding and it's ok now but it's painful again. My husband said I'm fine and to just wait it out.

Oh, and I got that skin glue stuff, no stiches or staples.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Health

• I would definitely get it checked out if you have liquid ozzing out of it and that liquid smells bad, it sounds like it could be infected. I would get it checked out earlier than the 5th if I were you, because the infection can make you quite ill. Good Luck.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Providing there is no clear liquid oozing out or any other color for that matter.. It's alright, as long as it's just a tiny tiny bit of bleeding. And as long as the pain doesn't intensify significantly from what it was originally as this can be a sign of infection.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Um... there was some clear liquid... That means infection???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It depends on how much there was/what it looked like, have you got any pus oozing out? Because if not it's probably not a infection. And has the pain intensified dramatically? But if you are worried I would definitely get it checked out.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It was just a little clear oozy stuff when I was cleaning it with a q tip. It's been smelling really bad lately and I've been doing my best to keep it clean and dry but it's so hard cuz I have a lot of left over skin from my baby being so big. It's that stinky smell that you get when you stick your finger in your belly button. Ew!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Oh thank you!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2008