What do you do for your birthday?

I'm turning 40 in may and kind of not excited about it.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• I actually request no party . . .no gifts . . . just a birthday cake (half because I love to see the kids get excited about that) and a very easy low-key day. I value peace more than just about anything these days. :) Happy 40th!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DH and I have the same birthday, so we normally just end up going to dinner. Two years ago, we did go to a play, though.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It varies from year to year. This year it's on a Tuesday, so I'll work, have the morning with 5yo DD, pick 4yo DS up from school, we'll have lunch, who knows what in the afternoon, then I'll work again, we'll have supper and everyone will go to bed.
    Anonymous

• I try to forget how old I am!

Answer by older at 3:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Take off work, go to the spa in the morning, get my hair done and go home and drink a bottle of wine! LOL!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't really do anything. We might go out for dinner as a family.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It depends on how I feel , my birthday was yesterday and I spent it at home with my son I just wanted peace and quiet , normally I'll treat myself get my hair, nails done and go to a spa but I wanted something simple besides I celebrate my birthday the whole month of april lol so I have the rest of the month to pamper myself
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I try to ignore it as much as possible! lol..
    Maybe when I am 40 I will have a big party though. My mom always said her 40s was the best years in her life.
    Your still young. healthy. if you where smart in life ur set well financially. You know who you are (no wondering what ur gonna be when u get older anymore)... lol :)
    Enjoy!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If I remember my birthday half the time I would bake and cake and celebrate with my family ^_^. Presents aren't a big thing for me, but getting well wishes and happy birthday from friends and family are nice. (I'm 31)
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 4:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Have my SO take me out to a really fancy dinner. 40 is nuthin - sweetheart, you are still a youngster!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011