Repost" Daughters Boyfriend broke up with her 3 HOURS before Senior prom

My daughters bf of 1 yr (and I might add was very close to our family), decided 3 HOURS before her SENIOR prom he needed "time". And now is talking to his ex. She was in a ball one the floor crying all night long. Dress was altered. Long story but should I ask for reimbursement from his less than wonderful parents? and if I ask and they don't do I have any ground to stand on??

Let me just go a bit further. No limo, so ok. Dress $300 alterations $80 and tickets total for 2 $65.00. No tux for our senior prom (strange but true) they wear suits which he had. I had to buy him a tie (long story) so I am ot $445 not to mention hair!! +$50

A few of you are telling her to go... he broke up with her while she was dressed and ready to go!!! 3 HOURS BEFORE!! She can not wear the dress out.
If he was my son I would have told him "listen deal with your problems tomorrow but tonight you WILL go to that prom" But I guess I am just a good person.

lifesparks

Asked by lifesparks at 3:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• That is a pretty shitty boyfriend!

Answer by older at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The tie and his ticket, maybe, but for your daughters dress? No. That has nothing to do with his parents. I understand its a frustrating situation, but is your money really that important? Like I said in the last post, it will just cause your daughter more drama and hurt. It's just money. I'd let it go.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Put it this way he paid =zero nothing.
    lifesparks

Comment by lifesparks (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't know if you have any ground to stand on but that was pretty" crappy" of him and I feel for your daughter, that had to be devastating! Hey it's worth a try, give them a call! You could look into small claims court. As for your daughter, I hope she sees him for what he is, A- - Hole!!!!!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If you supplied him with the outfit and the money to go, I think he should reimburse you, that is the least he can do.

Answer by older at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Wow, what a douche bag.

Handle things under your own roof (he should've paid for his own ticket), and don't get involved in anyone else's financial state. Yes, it's shitty but that's what happens in relationships. His timing sucked, but ultimately he is not responsible for her fees associated with this dance.

I wish you luck. I can't imagine being your DD and going through this. It's really horrible.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I feel her pain.... my bf broke up with me on my 16th bday. At the begining of my party, I spent my sweet 16 bawling my eyes outin my room. I highly doubt u can get money out of him. But GL.... poor girl :(
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well that's just a risk you take, that's life. His parents could have very well told him to take her anyways, doesn't mean he would listen. I don't see how the parents are at fault or should have to pay for the stuff you bought for your daughter. Like someone said in your earlier post, sell the dress on craigslist or at consignment. The more YOU drag it out, the worse it will be on your daughter and the harder it will be for her to heal from this.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think she should still go and have a good time with friends. Dont let a loser ass like him ruin her night.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If it were my son, I would offer, but I don't think you have a legal leg to stand on if they tell you no...at least not beyond the things that were specifically for him, like the tie and the ticket.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2011