Anyone told the wrong sex at a U/S?

This has really been bothering me...i had a U/S early where the tech told me she def thought it was a girl,99% sure. She showed me the 3 lines that me and my mother saw very clearly,no penis or sac to be found. She also took her time and looked at several angles and positions ( this was also at a very good hospital).

Then yesturday at a different hospital about six weeks after that U/S we had another one and she said boy. She was scaning something else on the baby and just "theres a penis its boy" she printed out a picture and that was it. It doesnt even look like a penis, its so long and there is no "sac" or "balls" to be seen. I have a two year old son whos "penis shot U/S" looks like that turtle head sticking out but this baby "boy" looks nothing like that, it looks like a long snake or worm sticking out! This whole pregnancy has been completly different from my son, ive been sooooo sick and i have had a gut feeling it was a girl and so did everyone else.

I cant help but shake the feeling that its still a girl. I feel it in my gut and dont believe that it was a "penis" she saw but maybe the cord!?! Has this happened to anyone else? I was also told by this same hospital that i was having twins two different times but now its one!?! I am so confussed!!! Opinions please=] Thanks everyone!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How many weeks were you with both U/Ss? I was 22 weeks and told it was a boy, 18 weeks later out popped a girl! I know more people who were told wrong too, I can name of 5 people and which one of their kids, just in the last 4 years, that it's happened to!
    Anonymous

• Really??? wow that gives me alot of hope! i cant remember when my first one was it was before 16 weeks but the one i just had i was 20 weeks. did u see a "penis" when they said boy? i am debating having a 3d done in a few months...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My cousin was told she was having a girl by 3 different doctors, and out popped a boy!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011