How can I get my male dachshund from "marking" in the house

He's a rescue I've now had for @ 4 years but he still gets nervous when the routine changes. I've considered getting one of those pee-shield wraps but wonder if that will really help.

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pets

• I'd love to know if there is a solution as well! My good friend has a jack-russell terrier, and since her new babies were born, he's been marking everything! They've resorted to keeping him (the dog, not the kids LOL!) in the laundry room with a baby gate while they aren't home. He comes out when they can watch his every move. I wish I knew of a fix for this.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My best advice would be an animal behaviorist, especially since the second one started after big changes
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you find a solution I'd love to know it! Our dachshund is over 10 and still isn't fully housebroken!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011