starting finger foods...have no idea what to feed

i was given the ok to go ahead and give my son tables foods. for breakfast the first day i made him a small pancake cut up small enough that he could eat with no syrup.

what kinds of foods do you give your kids for breakfast besides eggs. hes almost 7 months old.

lunch? dinner?

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 7:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 7 mo the majority of my sons food was still baby food. I did offer finger foods but they tend to eat a few bites and then start playing with it lol. For breakfast I would give eggs, pancakes, or toast. I would put some apricot spread on his toast (you can find it by the jelly) and then cut into small pieces. He LOVED that. For lunch we tried small pieces of chicken nuggets or hot dog cut into very small pieces. My ds gagged alot so i cut them very small and offered only a couple at a time. And some tiny pieces of cut apple. Graduates sells apple pieces, but they are in a jar in thick syrup and alway made it too slimy for him to pick up so i just used fresh apples. Dinner maybe some spegetti pieces or veggies, like green beans he can pick up and eat. Good luck!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Andrew eats little pieces of about everything. Lunch he's had turkey, ham, etc with little pieces of banana and things. Dinner is pretty much what we have without the spices. Last night he had rib meat, mashed potatoes, and pears haha. Breakfast we usually stick with pancakes, waffles, bread/biscuits and fruit. Although recently it's been pumpkin pie (didn't add any egg to the pie) he loves it and it's really good for you.
    maybaby08

Answer by maybaby08 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• For breakfast I usually dice up some fruit and give my daughter toast, waffle, or oatmeal. I think I'm going to give her some cream of what this morning because that's what I'm eating. :-) I didn't really buy baby food, I just stuck whatever we were eating in the blender and gave it to her when she needed purees, and now I just dice things and she eats our food.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I gave my son things like broccolli, carrots(these contain high amounts of nitrutes so you'd want organic only), peaches, sweet potatoes and tofu. All of his fruits and veggies were steamed before I cut them into chunks. He loved toast so he had that often as well as plain cheerios(no honey, no nuts!) I'd get wheatios when I could as they are whole wheat. He didn't get meat until he was a year old and hot dogs are really not good for anyone, especially babies. I wouldn't give that to a 7 month old.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Little bits of fruit like bananas, peaches, pears or cooked apples are great breakfast foods. My DD is 11 months she eats very small cut up pieces of breakfast ham and sausage some mornings. (not often) Cheerios are always a winner. My DD likes the fruity cheerios. I always have given my DD little bits od fruit or cereal to eat while I spooned her oatmeal or yogurt most mornings. I hope you have gotten some good ideas from everyone here!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• bananas, eggs, toast, CHEERIOS!, Kix, Graduate's fruit, veggies, and meat sticks (they're all small and soft enough for him to nibble on), very small pieces of hot dogs, little cheese wedges, soft tortillas, basically anything small and soft! lol
    SamsMa07

Answer by SamsMa07 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2008