Tell me you wouldn't want to punch Santa for this...

We live in a small town, and last night was the Christmas parade/tree lighting ceremony. I took my 7 YO daughter to see it and watch Santa arrive by fire truck. he was mobbed by a hundred kids when he got off the truck, but then he started walking from business to business greeting people. My daughter wanted to meet him, so we went to the restaurant where he would be next (it was actually a bar that was giving out hot chocolate and popcorn to the kids). We waited and when Santa came in, there was only 4 kids in the place, but "Santa" went up and started hitting on these girls sitting at the bar! My daughter did everything but grab his boots! so we went outside and waited by the exit door and when he came out there was NO ONE standing there but us - he didn't even acknowledge her from 2 feet away, went up to some guy and started talking motorcycles! my daughter is worried Santa thinks she's been "bad" and ignored her...

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• OMG I would be livid!! If you can you need to find out who the santa was employed by and report him. As for your little girl.. I dunno, maybe stick a letter in your mailbox addressed to her that apologizes for the way he acted.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• That's what I figured... he's a small business owner in our town, my friend knows him pretty well. I took my DD to her house afterwards and told her what happened, she's going to tell him off for me! I mean, how ludicrius (sp) is that, trying to pick up college girls while wearing a Santa costume.... jeez!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• was this a city event? if it was put on by the city, id call the city administrator or the fire department chief and let them know. if he did that to you little one he was doing that to the others...that was rude. this is a little extreme, but i have a friend that confessed in a rehab that he was treated that way at age nine by santa, santa didnt get him the gift he was expecting that year...so he knew for sure he was an awful person, the incident distroyed the boys self esteem and set out to distroy him self ,as years progressed with alcohol & drugs, over the years he'd lost sight of what triggered the distroying emotions & took him years of thrapy to find it again. once he got to the root of things, he dealt with the reality of it. but a child doesnt have those kind of rationalization.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• continued from above.....so my point it...correct it immediately. take her to another santa. explain out of ear shot of your little one, to the santas helper what took place & request extra attention by saying something about how wonderful she is.....then id report the sant-jerk. dont let the A$$ get away with that. if he didnt understand his job or want to do his job correctly, then he didnt need to apply....what a CREEP! your nicer that me...i would have excused my self from my family...let them move away from earshot, and i would have laid into dear horny santa!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Awww that was so wrong. I cant imagine how she felt, poor thing. I would start with correcting the situation with her first. Maybe slip a note in her room one night and sprinkle glitter on the floor to see that he visited. I would personally make a trip to his establishment and PROFESSIONALLY let him know what happened and how it affected my child. I wouldnt stoop to his level and lose my temper about it because your daughter doesnt need to hear that mommy had it out with Santa. I think its a good idea that the friend that knows him says something but as far as that she would be included in my trip to see him so I could be present. He owes her to rent another Santa suit and pay her a direct visit at home. How could he do that UGH!!!!
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You could always put a flaming bag of reindeer poo on his doorstep...
    Just kidding. I agree with what everyone has suggested. Maybe expalin to your daughter that sometimes Santa has to have helpers (thats why there are so many guys in santa suits) and maybe this guy didn't pass Santa's personal inspection- but managed to find a costume somehow... I don't know- this seems like kind of a big lie to tell a 7 year old. Maybe go with the Letter and really nice Santa experience in the mall... Good Luck.
    maybe sit down with your daughter and write out a list of all the good things she's done. This will help her realize that she has nothing to worry about. For good measure, you could donate time or warm clothing items to those in need:) Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I agree with Marleyegirl! A letter would be great. Maybe u could explain to her that Santa has helpers and that helper was a naughty one!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Or maybe you could write a letter from Santa apologizing for his behavior that night?? Then take her to the mall santa.
    Anonymous