Mixed emotions about this second child.....

I am a SAHM to my 5 year old daughter and will have #2 in Sept. I was not planning on going back to work as my daughter will be starting kindergarten and she is involved in alot of activities and needs someone to run her. I am so out of the baby stage, I could come and go as I pleased pretty much, she is great, you can take her anywhere. I feel like I was just getting my freedom and now I won't have any. No, this pregnancy wasn't planned. Will all of this pass? I feel like I may get depressed when the baby gets here and that scares me! My husband travels alot, so it will be me taking care of them alot of the time. How do you other moms do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It passes. Once the baby comes you wont be able to imagine life without the baby.
    Anonymous

• i think once you hold your baby it will all pass and i find with my 2nd i was a lot more relaxed and did a lot more i dont pake hafe the rubbish i used to pack so not as hard to get about lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think now that you've had one child, and know what to expect, it's easier to get around and do the things you want to do with baby #2. I'm kind of in the same boat though..DS #2 is due in 3 weeks, and I'm a little nervous, and scared of what it all means to our family. It will be a lot of changes, but I think a lot of them will be good ones. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It seems to me that I wore my second a LOT more than my first. With him it was stroller everywhere. My son is 3.5 years older than his sister, and it was easier, and we could get to more places, if I wore her and he walked.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Give it time. You will probably be more relaxed the second time around, that benefits everybody, and your 5 year old can be a big helper sometimes. I don't know what I would do without my second child (youngest) in my life! It all seems to work out. Best wishes to all of you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You are in the early stages of your pregnancy, you will be ok when the baby is born. I really believe it will pass.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You are a lot less worried with your second. My two are 3 and a half and almost 1 year. I'll be honest- probably because mine are 2.5 years apart- it's very hard. I'm sure since yours will be in school it'll be a lot easier on you- and that she's older. 3's are awful!!
    Don't worry- the age difference between yours will really help.
    lhutson1

Answer by lhutson1 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011