What should i do?

my husband took a job that didn't work out and he applied for another job that said they would pay only $8 and hr for 40 hrs a wk. i told him not to take the job. he is mad that i say that and he feels this is better then what he is doing. he does security for $10 for 12 hrs for 5 days a wk. problem with that is they don't pay until they get paid. which could be a month but still it would be twice as much. since security is at night during the day he could still look for other work and work at getting his ged. what he would be making at his job won't be enought to pay mortgage. what should i do? stay angry and be harsh and do silent treatment. until he is forced to give up the fight. i really don't want to fight with him or feel the recentment or just let it all play out and have him learn the had way at a whole sacrifice for us which would mean us loosing our house. one last thing to mention i doubt he is considering the gas, and lunch out of his pay check. hate to sya it but my husband is just stupid. anyway what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Well knowing how scarce jobs can be I would be ok with my hubs taking the $8/hr job (for now) as any money coming in is better than none. I would also encourage him to keep sending out resumes and looking at the want ads and hope he finds a better pay job.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Twice as much??? how is that. If he will make 8 per hr a weekly paycheck vs 10-12 once a month?? and during that month of not being paid how will the bills and food, gas etc get paid???

R U WORKING TOO????
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• honey.all men are stupid. I know you are concerned.but men are like little boys and encouraging works better than nagging.Encourage him to get his GED in a nice sublte way.My grandmother always said "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar"
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would tell him to go find a job that will pay the bills or take on a second job.

Answer by louise2 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well he does have a job currently which i mentioned paid more even though it takes 2-4 wks to get paid but i'm able to pay all the bills with it yet he rather do this other job that won't pay even the mortgage and no bills. it all goes basiclly for gas. i think he should stay at this job. not the new one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i was at stay at home mom and have been looking for work but i'm pregnant and even though i'm not very far 16 wks you can tell i am. so i doubt i would get hired. he is just not thinking and he always has his head and the clouds thinking it will all be ok. this tuesday it will be our 3rd wedding anniversary. it's so true when they say you don't know how somoene truly is until you live or marry them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i tried telling him i wan't taring him down is that i know that he can do better and he just needs to work harder and i would help him anyway i could. he just thinks there is room for movement there but they don't offer any benefits, 401 k so this is a dead end job versus something he could make a carreer of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• "He gets paid when they get paid?"

And if they DON'T get paid?

Is he getting taxes and Social Security taken out?

I'm sorry, his current firm does not sound legitimate. If he's working 12 hours, in most states that means overtime too. Is he getting that? If not,. he needs to LEAVE this employer AND go to the labor board. They're supposed to pay on a regular schedule, and pay overtime, and do the legal payroll stuff.

The other place sounds more secure on the face of it. If it's not enough, then you need to get a job. It's illegal for someone to pass over you just for being pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• As long as he's still looking for a better job, I'd support him with it for now. Jobs are hard to come by these days and it's better than nothing at all.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would have allowed him to make the decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011