why are people so "scared" of obama being president?

i am an obama supporter. i voted obama and very proud that i did. for the life of me, i cannot figure out why people use the word scared to describe how they feel about america's next four years when obama is president. i understand some people have reservations, but scared? but honestly, shouldn't people have been"scared" these last four years of the bush administration? to me, obama can only go up and improve our country's situation.

prettylob1

Asked by prettylob1 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't say scared is the right term. I'm aprehensive of what is to come. I didn't suport Obama. I don't agree with his policies. I'm worried about how little experence he has. I think he is an extreme liberal. I think if he had a few more years of experience and some more moderate views I would have an easier time supporting him. That being said, he is our prez if I like it or not so I'll have to work to support him and use congress to moderate him.

I am concerened that racial relations with fall apart with him in the whitehouse instead of come together. I feel that everytime people disagree with him then the "race" card will be played by a number (not all) of his supporters and it will sour feelings. Nothing makes people dislike a group than being accused over and over again of being a raceist whan they aren't. Does anyone else feel this way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I am with you.....I'm so tired of hearing it too.....But i GUESS if he was white then we shouldn't be scared..........................NONSENSE!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• not sure if it really is a racial thing. i'm suspecting it has something to do with the nonsense the mccain/palin campaign was spewing...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't know why they would say scared. Ask them to define it. I bet you will discover it is more ignorance that breeds their "fear" over actual facts.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Iam not saying it is racial..... But it is out of the norm and some people can't get use to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• this is a serious question that i would like to get answered by mccain/palin supporters.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm not scared of him I think he'll do a great job, he has a lot to do & prove it's gonna be ok ppl, hell look at it now with dubya, I hope one day my dd will live in a place where all races are considered equal.

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm an Obama supporter, but I've read over and over and over why a lot of them use scared to describe how they're feeling. A lot of them are concerned that he doesn't have enough experience, he's going to "spread the wealth" and take away every single last dime they have, let another terrorist attack happen, take God out of the pledge and constitution, and basically destroy the world as we know it.

Now I know that one man can't do that all by his lonesome. At least not in four years. So I don't know why everyone is so scared. And you're right, most people wouldn't be as terrified if the opposing campaign wouldn't have spent so much time focusing on him.

I know everything I just said will be picked apart by some random McCain supporter...but there ARE people out there who are needlessly terrified and you cannot deny that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm not an Obama supporter, but I'm not scared of him. If it were possible for him to do some of the things he said I would be, but he can't. Sorry, guys... he's not God, or even king. Just a president elect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• alot of it has to do with the fact he is a jr. senator and has no really solid government experience. he does have the social skills but that will only carry him so far. also so many stories go around about him to scare people and it works. he is coming in during an extremely hard economic time, with our military in iraq, the threat of iran and north korea plus all the mother nature havoc that is still being taken care of. people are scared because of so many factors in their lives that another may not be aware of. he has a hard row to hoe and is going to find alot of leary folks.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2008