How should I bring this up to DH?

I want to try for #2 but im not sure on how to bring it up to my husband. Any ideas?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 4:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just bring it up to him. Note in the discussion that they way communication goes now a days he can still be a part of the pregnancy. Things can be recorded if he were not to be in the area and he can watch things online. If the baby is born while he is gone then you can skype so he can see the little one. There are ways to keep fathers and children connected during a deployments. Pre made videos, books, pictures, phone calls and things like that. My husband has been in the Navy for 9 years and has not been around for many of our pregnancies. He is on submarines so he can not get regular emails or letters but I keep what I can and try to make him a part of things. We realized that we can not put our lives on hold while he was serving and just try to make the best of things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bring on the sexy nighties...and the McDonalds Happy meal and see if he gets it
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• bring on the baby fever, point out babies you see in passing and say how cute they are and "remember when ___ was a baby?" ask him what he thinks of a baby and then say you miss having a baby lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Just say it. "I want another baby.

Answer by louise2 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• just spit it out!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• For the women saying just say it and spit it out its not that easy.....he is in the military and wants to be apart of the pregnancy so its hard for him when he dosnt know if he is going to deeploy durring the time im pregnant or when im about to have the baby. It was hard to get him to have the first one. The only reason why he was ok with the first one was because he was finishing his AIT and he found out where he was going after just deployed so he knew he would be good for at least a year. So we would be good for the pregnancy and the birth. Then he requested to stay here because he didnt want to miss his first birthday.....DH is an army brat and his dad wasnt around much because of it so he wants to be around for more then his dad was there for.
    Shelii

Comment by Shelii (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• why dont you just be straight forward and honest with him
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Melbornj- Thanks for the advice. I know there are ways to stay in contact and keep him apart of the pregnancy if he is deployed but for some reason my husband is very hard headed and stubborn lol. But Thanks for everything. I will have to bring all of that up when I talk to him about it. I think im going to bring it up at dinner. And I do want him to be apart of the decision and not just throw on the sexy nighties and stop my birthcontrol. I know that its not just my decision because it will effect him also. Thanks again!
    Shelii

Comment by Shelii (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011