Who's dead bodies are they talking about?

Union Rally Speaker: Reform Will Happen 'Over Thousands of Dead Bodies!'

http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/06/union-rally-speaker-reform-will-happen-over-thousands-dead-bodies

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Thier own.

Have you not heard that expression before?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Union Thugs bodies? IDK? I know it wont be mine.

Answer by gemgem at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Today is the 1st anniversary of the Upper Big Branch mine explosion in West Virginia. I expect they are referring to that.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thier own.

Today is the 1st anniversary of the Upper Big Branch mine explosion in West Virginia. I expect they are referring to that

I guess neither of you watched the video?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Sounds like typical violent rhetoric from the left...AGAIN!! Glad to hear they're taking it down a notch! (massive eye roll)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Remember it isn't violent rhetoric when the "left' speaks... Civility only mattered when there was someone on the "right' to insinuate/blame.... Their hypocrisy is humorous....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I guess neither of you watched the video?

Comment by Carpy

Good guess.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Even after watching the 54 second video I'm pretty sure they are talking about thier own dead bodies.

i.e. "This reform will happen over my dead body" or "You'll have to pry this protest sign from my cold, dead hands".
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've heard the expression 'over MY dead body'. I've used the expression (and meant it).

That expression was NOT used in the video. I'd like to see more, or read more ~ but ~ based only on what I heard in that video, it sounds as though they are definitely volunteering bodies other than their own.

If that is the case, the statement should be treated, and prosecuted, as a threat, the instant something happens. My personal response would be something along the lines of pelting them all with a few beanbags (or superballs from paint ball guns hehe).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Its a phrase don't be so literal
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011