How easy is it for a single mom obtain assistance to go back to school?

Just curious if any of you single moms to the plunge and went back to school with kids? I feel like its becoming harder and harder to get a decent job with a degree of some sort.

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Pretty easy. Contact the school you're interested in and apply for FAFSA. The school you choose can help you with that, and get you in touch with any PELL grants or whatever that you'd qualify for.

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's easy. You must apply online. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
    You can get grants which is money you do not have to pay back. All you need are the codes for the colleges you are considering and your tax return
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh and if you have questions let me know. I've been in college for a total of about 4.5-5 yrs now and have been on financial aid from the start
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's incredibly easy to get help, you just need to put forth the effort to apply.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You should be able to apply for a fafsa grant and there are also scolorships for single moms. Ill see if i can find the website for you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've posted the website.

Also-it is the college who packages the grants for you, not FASFA themselves.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You can fill out a fafsa online and put the code to the school you would like to go to in the information. You can find those codes online as well.

I took a chance when filling out a fafsa for someone else, and wound up getting a free ride---and my income was decent too! I have 2 kids, so if you make less than 18 bucks an hour and you have 2 kids, you should get something.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011