Kids really do have it good these days

When I was a kid I didn't have a computer, Nintendo, XBox, or Wii . I had a bike, a jump rope and some jacks. We played red light, green light, hop scotch, "it" and hide n' seek. If I didn't eat what my mom made, I didn't eat. I didn't think of telling my parents "no" or talk back & I got in BIG TROUBLE if I did. Life wasn't hard, it was life. Bump this post if you appreciate the way you were raised....

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was raised the same way.

Answer by louise2 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• True, also we hardly watched tv, we were too busy playing outside.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Playing outside is definantly under rated these days, thats where imaginations really comes into play =-)
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• @louise2 the good ol times lol @booger14 hec yea played out side until the street lights came on lol
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i was raised like that too. i dont know y some parents dont stick with certain things that their parents did if it worked. like saying 'no' to your parents. if i wasn't allowed to say it to my parents, y would I allow my child to say it to me?
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I so agree with you.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My childhood was the same
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 8:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My friends and I say the same thing all of the time. One of my friends was in Germany and at 10 was helping the baker and butcher to bring home their goods. Kept her out of trouble too. The beauty of the way we grew up is that we were physically healthy too. Of course, at playgrounds I've gotten a number of dirty looks when my DD came crying and she wasn't bleeding and it wasn't broken I'd look at her and say, "Do you want to cry and go home or shake it off and play?" Eventually, she stopped coming to me unless she was genuinely injured.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I see this copy paste all over facebook.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• @Anonymous thats were i got it from
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2011