Homeschoolers: Duo enrolled College High School?

My son is currently almost 10. We were discussing college the other day and I mention how some kids are duo enrolled for High school-College. That when they graduate high school they also have their associate degree from college.

My son then expressed that he would like to do this. So my question is what do I need to do? What do we need to be working on now so that by the time he's 14/15 he is READY to be duo enrolled at the college? Curriculum suggestion? Websites to visit? Anything would be great!

PS: If you don't agree w/homeschooling please don't reply. I'm just looking for tips, resources that will help me out. I have no interest in debating homeschooling, nor do I want to listen to all the haters. Please stick to the question.

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter is doing this. We contacted the local college and let them know what we wanted to do. They told us she would need to get a certain score on her ACT to be able to enroll as a Junior or a Senior (higher as a Junior). Other than that, there isn't anything special. We got her an ACT prep book to use. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Google "homeschooling association" and you will see several useful links.. You should be able to get tons of info and resources from them. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Check with your local high school Academic Dean and or counseling office. They should have at least starting point information for you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Also.........there might be a home schooling groups on here. Look under green group tab
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011