Is it possible to go into labor without having already lost your mucus plug?

I am 35w6d and I've noticed an extreme pick-up in my contractions. Normally they haven't bothered me, but now it's getting to be at a point where I'll actually double over in pain. I'm thinking that true labor may not be too far away at this point, but I haven't lost my mucus plug yet. I was wondering if you can go into actual labor and still have your mucus plug intact?

BeautifulWreck

Asked by BeautifulWreck at 9:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep! I only lost my mucos plug with 2 out of 5 of my kids.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yes, I have three kids and only lost my mucus plug in a noticeable way with one of them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yep, I never lost mine.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yes, sometimes it is a gradual loss of the plug so you don't notice it. Other times you just go into labor. Hopefully she comes soon and gives you a break ;) love ya
    leighlily

Answer by leighlily at 10:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2008