Do you drink energy drinks?

If so, what kind?

I've recently been drinking Monster energy drinks and I swear, it makes such a difference! I drink one a day (most days) and have energy the entire day. I love it, lol. There's isn't all that much caffeine, so it must be the B vitamins and ginseng. I can drink more caffeine from coffee and it doesn't have nearly the same effect.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think I was the queen of energy drinks before they became 'the thing' - starting way back with Josta in 1999. For me, though, it was more or less that I love trying drinks (usually non-alcoholic). Didn't get back into newer energy drink stuff until I was introduced to BAWLS a few years later. Couple 24 count cases later and I finally got around to trying the others. Still like BAWLS but my body is so used to the caffeine/guarana now, I can drink anything and fall asleep 30 minutes later. So now, it's just a 'try it for the flavor' for me. Personally though, DH and I go for the sugar-free Monster with the pretty blue/purple design (I forget it's full name) - it's made with Erythritol and really good. Very few calories, and no HFCS! And I like the taste. We only get them when they're on sale though.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 4:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• When I need a boost I grab one. Haven't since I found out I was pregnant tho =) Monster Assault is my fave!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yep! I drink a pink Rockstar drink... they're like bubble gum flavored pop! I, too, notice a huge difference, not just in energy, but my mood too!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• UGH.. I am totally on a 5 hour energy kick - and although people ( News ) say it doesn't work, I swear, placebo or not - its the only thing that gives me energy - too bad they are crazy expensive
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• before i got pregnant i drank red bull all the time
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh yeah... only on slow days, or dragging days.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No-just espresso
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks.!! Totally checking that one out!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I only take an energy drink when I NEED it and I make sure to get the nasty flavored ones so I don't enjoy it.. I would hate to be addicted to those things and get to the point where I feel like I have to have one.. no thanks!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't HAVE to drink them. I used to drink them years ago daily and stopped one day and was fine. There's actually not that much caffeine in them...no more than I usually drink anyways.

I also notice a change in my mood, for the better.

Oh, and maxsmom...I recently found 5 hour energy shots at the dollar store! I don't drink those, but my husband does. I was surprised bc they're usually about 5 dollars at the gas station!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2011